Life's Better Ideas

Occasional links to, and comments on, ideas that I think will make this a better world, and remarks about things that need fixing, too.

Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Monday, March 21, 2005

War, Crime, and Responsibility

Voices of Reason has an interesting post on History, Victors, and Democrats with some implications for those opposed to the Iraq war. I used to be opposed to it, but I've been rethinking my position, in part because of the apparent success of the policy and in part because I think at some point you've got to draw a line.

Like it or not, the we ARE the world's policeman, and like any cop, sometimes we have to take the bad guys down. Maybe we've been too laissez faire with the world's bad guys, and maybe the only way out is to adopt the broken windows theory of policing on a global scale to make liberty a real possibility. I'm not real happy about that, but responsibility does have its burdens. Other folks have explored this idea, here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home