Life's Better Ideas

Occasional links to, and comments on, ideas that I think will make this a better world, and remarks about things that need fixing, too.

Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Fruit Ice

I made Fruit Ice today, first time in a couple of years. It's really simple: Put a #2 1/2 can (30oz) of peaches through a blender, add 2 cups of orange juice, 1 cup of sugar, and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Mix together well in a pan (3x5x10 approximately) and freeze. Great for hot days. Takes a while to thaw, so plan ahead. It's my mother's receipe.

3 Comments:

Blogger goyishekop said...

You gonna submit this to CotR?

11:35 AM  
Blogger Batya said...

Can it be done with fresh fruit, or do I have to stew some, how much?

11:26 AM  
Blogger David Aitken said...

I wouldn't use fresh fruit because there's not enough juice. I suppose you could add more orange juice to make up for the lack of juice from the fruit, but I've never tried it. Some people have substituted a can of pears for the peaches, and I suppose you could even use fruit cocktail.

I can't answer your question about stewed fruit because I know nothing about it.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home