New Bingo Game
Here's a way to change all of that...
1. Before (or during) your next meeting, seminar, or conference call, prepare yourself by drawing a square. I find that 5"x5" is a good size. Divide the card into columns-five across and five down. That will give you 25 one-inch blocks.
2. Write one of the following words/phrases in each block: synergy, strategic fit, core competencies, best practice, bottom line, revisit, take that off-line, 24/7, out of the loop, benchmark, value-added, proactive, win-win, think outside the box, fast track, result-driven, empower, Issue, Solution, touch base, mindset, client focus, paradigm, game plan, leverage.
3. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those words/phrases.
4. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, stand up and shout "BULLSHIT!"
Testimonials from satisfied "Bullshit Bingo" players:
* "I had been in the meeting for only five minutes when I won." - Jack W., Boston
* "My attention span at meetings has improved dramatically." - David D., Florida
* "What a gas! Meetings will never be the same for me after my first win." - Bill R., New York
* "The atmosphere was tense in the last process meeting as 14 of us waited for the fifth x." - Ben G., Denver
* "The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed 'BULLSHIT!' for the third time in two hours." - Kathleen L., Atlanta
HT Bert Wiener (via email)