Life's Better Ideas

Occasional links to, and comments on, ideas that I think will make this a better world, and remarks about things that need fixing, too.

Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I Agree with Sen. Ken Gordon

Denver Post columnist Jim Spencer wrote a column on the Holocaust in which he quoted State Senator Ken Gordon as saying "When fascism comes to the U.S., it is not going to look like Adolf Hitler." I would add that it will come because people will vote for it. It won't be obviously on the ballot, like "I want fascism - Yes or No", but will come through hundreds or thousands of laws and ballot initiatives that chip away at the liberties we used to have. Both Gordon and Spencer should share some of the blame for that, but I doubt they will recognize their responsibility in the matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home